Create a 1-note fanfareCreate a 1-note fanfare for the King’s Coronation Winning entries receive a prize and will hear their works performed!
Entries close Friday 21st April
What is a fanfare?
A fanfare is a short, ceremonial
piece of music – often played on
wind and brass instruments.
Fanfares are traditionally used to
herald the arrival of someone
important, or to mark a special
Ideas to get you started:
– Try spelling out some coronation-themed words using Morse code (see below)
– Experiment with different rhythms, articulation and dynamics
– Listen to some famous fanfares: the well-known 20th Century Studios fanfare
(Newman), or the opening of the ‘Grand March’ from Aida (Verdi).
You can only use one note!
How to enter
• Create your fanfare – is it a score, a drawing? You choose
• Try out your fanfare – it should last about 15 seconds
• Then photograph your FANFARE and/or play and record your FANFARE
• Email the file/s giving your name, age and school to
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org